June 24, 2013, marks the 10th year of the Bangkathon will be held at Calatagan, Batangas.
Schedule of Activities
June 23 @ 7:30am Holy Mass – Santo Domingo De Silos Parish-Bayan
– Thanksgiving Mass for the 10th or 1 decade for Bangkathon Fest.
– A mass in honor for 3 people who did great effort for Marine Conservation in Calatagan
* Sixto Atienza – Bantay Dagat, Hero of the Sea in the Whole Batangas Province
* Vicente Madrigal Warns – a Philantrophist and Conservationist
* Eric Limueco – Volunteer Diver, AR Maker
June 24@ 6am – Assembly Time sa Calatagan Port
8am – Start of Bangkathon Race @ Patay na Parola, Brgy. Balitoc.
Here’s a video clip from last years race.
According to the information provided to our team that will be covering the event, the race will start at Balumbato pier and will end in front of the Marine Protected Area or The Calatagan Artificial Reef Fish Sanctuary in Barangay Bagong Silang, Calatagan Batangas.
The entire length of the race will be about 10 kilometers long. There are around 50 to 75 expected contestants.