Cherry Mobile Omega HD Review. For those that have been wondering about this new phone, here is our hands on review.
Price is at 7,999 php only
Above is a shot of the black CM Omega HD beside a cricket lighter. As you can see, the phone is just a little thicker.
Above is a shot of the width, the lighter is longer than the width of the phone.
A full frontal of the phone.
Regards to specifications:
- Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 5-inch HD IPS Dragon Trail Glass display, 1280×720 pixel resolution, 294 ppi
- 1GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6577 processor
- PowerVR SGX531 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, supports microSD card up to 32GB
- 12-megapixel autofocus BSI camera with LED flash
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- 2-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 3G, HSDPA, HSUPA
- FM Radio
- GPS, A-GPS
- Bluetooth with A2DP
- Dimension: 143.5 x 70.8 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 140g
- 2100mAh Li-Ion Battery
Lets Talk about the battery first, so far based on my normal use – wifi on most of the day, minimal data plan. 1-2 hrs of calls and 50-100 texts per day – the battery still has enough left in it that I dont need to charge it for the phone to last till the next morning.
Dragon Trail Glass – i havent tested it like they did in the youtube video. i’ll take their word for it. hehehe
Here are some 1st hand user experience tips:
1. Screen Capture – press volume down and power at the same time.
2. editing the 5 buttons in the home screen.
Items 1,2, 4,and 5 and editable – meaning you can change it.
It also looks like they have removed the internet call option in this model,not sure what i’m talkng about? Check out a myphone a858. call settings – you will find internet call for sip settings. – read more here
One other thing i noticed is that it can support uploading of pictures via the wordpress application for publishing.