- Dell’s most powerful mobile workstations, Dell Precision M4800 and M6800, offer 15.6-inch QHD+ panel with highest resolution and optional 10-finger touch on 17.3-inch
Committed to improving the performance and personal experience and interaction with its new Dell Precision M4800 and M6800 mobile workstations, Dell is the first to bring a 15.6-inch Quad HD+ IGZO panel to the workstation market, with higher resolution than the Apple MacBook Pro Retina display, and the only to offer optional 10-finger Wacom multi-touch on a 17.3-inch display for intuitive control and interaction with creative and design applications. Dell has also improved audio performance with WAVES MaxxAudio Pro integration
- The new Dell Precision mobile workstations also deliver the highest performance with up to 16GB¹ of 1866MHz memory, fourth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processor options up to Core i7 Extreme Edition, and AMD FirePro and NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics, with up to 8GB graphics memory¹ on the M6800 configured with NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, for handling complex 3D work, including rendering and simulation.
- Both systems also provide superb reliability with all-day battery life², including a secondary slice battery, new AMD Enduro and NVIDIA Optimus, and industry-leading endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection
Ghost Town Media, a post-production company, relies on high-performance technology and collaboration to stay on the bleeding-edge of design to create the most robust and unique imagery in the industry – from music videos to visual effects for feature films. “Our latest project is CG-heavy so we needed strong processing power and speed,” explained Brandon Parvini, principal and creative director, Ghost Town Media. “We turned to the latest Dell Precision tower and mobile workstations with NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics as we found they provide massive acceleration that facilitate lightning-fast rendering, allowing complex 3D scenes to be rendered in minutes instead of hours.”
New tower workstations designed for demanding software applications Offering an award-winning chassis design and cutting-edge technology, the new Dell Precision tower workstations include next generation workstation-class processors and professional graphics, Windows 8 factory installed, new Intel Cache Acceleration Software, PCIe SSDs and updates to Dell Precision Performance Optimizer. Designed for scientific analysis, professional engineering and complex 3D modeling, the new tower portfolio, adding to the Dell Precision T1700 Small-Form Factor and Mini-Tower, includes the Dell Precision T3610 with advanced single Intel Xeon CPU performance, the Dell Precision T5610, a high-power dual-socket Intel Xeon processor workstation in a small footprint, and the Dell Precision T7610, Dell’s most powerful tower workstation. The T7610 will offer up to 512GB¹ system memory and power up to three high-end graphics cards, including up to two NVIDIA Quadro K6000s cards starting in October. Thierry Rouf, Director, FashionLab, said, “We work on the cutting-edge of fashion design, providing designers with sophisticated tools they need to employ the latest 3D technology in their high-end designs, so it’s important that we always collaborate with the best. That’s why we chose to work closely with Dell for a high-profile event in Paris. The workshop was supported without interruption by the latest high-end Dell Precision tower workstations.”
- Dell Precision Performance Optimizer – DPPO, the first automated workstation performance tool that configures settings based on the software application, will be updated with new profiles for Siemens NX 8.5 and Dassault Systemes CATIA and French and German languages starting September 17 via online and factory install on new workstations in October.
- Intel® Xeon Phi™ co-processor 3120A PCIe card – The Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor is a new manycore x86-based computational architecture built for high efficiency and exceptional performance on highly parallel workloads. Offered as a coprocessor on a PCIe card, it works synergistically with Intel® Xeon® Processors to deliver accelerated performance on Dell Precision T7610 tower and R7610 rack workstations.
- Dell is the first to bring Micron PCIe SSD technology to the workstation market on its tower and rack workstations starting in October. The PCIe SSD is one of the highest performance storage options that merge SSD technology directly with the fast PCIe system communication bus.
- Dell has deeply collaborated with Intel to bring to market and tune the first workstation enterprise-grade storage acceleration software application, Intel CAS-W, which improves workstation application performance. It is available exclusively on Dell Precision rack and tower workstations starting in November.
“Dell Precision workstations with the innovative Intel Cache Acceleration Software-Workstation give a notable performance boost to Autodesk applications,” says Maurice Patel, head of Media & Entertainment Industry Marketing, Autodesk. “We have seen a many-fold increase in some of our internal tests. As the demand for larger data sets increase with 4K, stereoscopic projection and next generation consoles, the performance increase will be a great benefit for our 3D animation customers.”
As part of Dell’s Technology Partner Program, Dell Precision works with the top Independent Software Vendors (ISV) to test and certify the leading software applications including Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Design & Creation Suites, Dassault Systemes CATIA and SolidWorks and PTC Creo, among many others, for maximum uptime and productivity. Additionally, many ISV partners also leverage Dell Precision workstations to develop and showcase their software capabilities. For example, PTC uses Dell Precision workstations to power its customer theater with a high-end, three-channel rear-projection active stereo 3D system with tracking that allows visitors to have a hands-on experience using PTC software in an immersive virtual reality environment. Pricing & Availability: The new Dell Precision tower and mobile workstations are available today with prices³ starting at $2,367 USD for the T3610, $2,539 for the T5610, $3,029 for the T7610, $2,482 for the M4800 and $2,669 for the M6800. For more information, visit www.Dell.com/Precision and access the Dell Precision Workstation Advisor, www.dell.com/wsadvisor for recommended configurations for specific applications and workflows. Additional Information:
- Dell Precision
- Direct2Dell blog post
- Intel CAS-W blog post
- Micron PCIe SSD blog post
- IGZO Quad HD+ blog post
- Waves MaxxAudio Pro blog post
- Dell Precision Performance Optimizer
- Dell Precision Image Gallery
Savvy and Stunning: New Dell Latitude Ultrabooks and Laptops Offer World’s Best Security and Manageability Combined with Seductive Design
- Dell unveils Latitude 7000 Series, a sleek line of business-class Ultrabooks for elite mobility
- New Latitude 5000 Series laptops offer organizations of all sizes best-in-class security and manageability
- New Latitude 3000 Series offers reliable, affordable essential business computing
- Durable, portfolio-wide touch display options at every price opens Windows 8 for business
— Dell today unveiled the newest additions to its secure, manageable and reliable line of commercial PCs: the Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks, Latitude 5000 Series and Latitude 3000 Series laptops. With this new suite, Dell balances sophisticated design, quality construction and uncompromised durability to offer businesses of all sizes a wide variety of solutions. The Latitude 7000, 5000, and 3000 Series are available with touch display options, leading the way for business touch devices that enable better interaction with customers, enhanced student engagement, improved patient care, and collaboration among knowledge workers.
Most Secure and Most Manageable with Outstanding Reliability
Dell offers the world’s most secure commercial laptops and the Latitude 12 and 14 7000 Series are the world’s most secure Ultrabooks, with best-in-class Dell Data Protection solutions, comprehensive encryption with Dell Data Protection| Encryption and advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention with Dell Data Protection| Protected Workspace. Engineered to help save IT time and money, Dell offers the industry’s most manageable commercial PCs with exclusive Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are powered off, paired with Dell automated tools and utilities for easily deploying, monitoring and updating systems.
The sleek and powerful Latitude 7000 Series are the most secure and manageable Ultrabooks, with outstanding reliability, and epitomize mobility at its finest with business-class style. Touted as the Ultrabook to be loved by IT professionals and end-users alike, and powered by Intel ultra-low voltage processors, these thin, light and beautiful Ultrabooks completely redefine the corporate laptop.
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are:
– Made to move, with the 12-inch model starting at just 20 millimeters thin and 1.3 kilograms (2.99 pounds)2
– Easy for IT to manage with exceptional integrated management capabilities including Dell-unique Intel vPro extensions and automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE
– The world’s most secure Ultrabookswith best-in-class endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware protection from a single source, and featuring the highest level of FIPS 140-2 (level 3) certification for system disk encryption
– Designed for reliability, passing rigorous third-party durability testing and crafted with premium materials such as aluminum, a Tri-metal chassis and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
– The only corporate Ultrabook designed to be backwards compatible with existing (E-) Latitude docks
Complementing the Dell Latitude 7000 Series Ultrabooks are the new Latitude 5000 and 3000 Series laptops, designed to help businesses of all sizes adopt secure, manageable and reliable notebooks. The Latitude 14 and Latitude 15 5000 Series are designed to meet most workforce needs with 14.1-inch or 15.6-inch display options and other key features, such as:
– Reliable mobile productivity with up to Intel Core i7 ultra low voltage processors for extended battery life, a discrete graphics option for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience, and SSD or Performance Solid State Hybrid Drive options
– Corning Gorilla Glass NBT on the touch displays for scratch and damage resistance and optimal brightness
Mobile broadband, Bluetooth and Wireless LAN options for mobility and connectivity virtually
– anywhere, and an HD webcam and microphone array for efficient, anywhere collaboration
– Compatible with Latitude E-family docking designed to connect seamlessly with award-winning Dell monitors, wireless keyboard and andard,ss keyboard, mouse an d award-winning monitorstionality and includ mouse.
– Durable and reliable chassis that have undergone Highly Accelerated Life Testing, including hinge testing, keyboards and shocks
– 4th Generation Intel Core processors with Turbo Mode for fast data processing
– Business class discrete graphics with up to 2GB3 video memory for more processing power and a higher quality visual experience
– Thin (21 to 25mm) and light (starting at 4.3lbs / 2.0kg)2 design for great mobility
– Choice of 14-inch and 15.6-inch Anti-Glare LCD for comfortable visualization and optional touch displays
– Integrated microphone and HD Webcam for remote collaboration and interaction
Pricing and Availability
The Dell Latitude 7000 Series begins at $1,049 USD and is available today. The Latitude 3000 Series begins at $599 USD and is also available today. The Latitude 5000 Series will be available by end-October 2013.
About Dell: Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.