After about a week using the Kata i3s, I am truly loving it!.. Here’s why.
The changes that Kata made from the I3 to the I3s is great.. besides the fact that the new version is operating on Kitkat already… 1st they swapped out the internal battery to an external one (means you can remove it). Next they re-designed the sim slots – it looks like the same configuration as the F1s and the M2.
After the internal changes – they made a change in the body – now the Kata I3s sports a metal finish all the way around its sides.
The metal sidings actually help the unit become sturdier and more durable – how do I know? I actually already dropped mine on the concrete floor- so far so good – no scratches. ( I dont recommend you drop yours)
And surprisingly the Antutu bench mark of the I3s has jumped about 1,500 points compared to the i3.
Another thing I like about the I3s is its speakers.. Did you know that it uses Yamaha speakers? So music lovers that listen using your loud speakers – you are in for a treat! I’m sure I do, especially when I listen to spotify.
Well, the best thing that people I’m are looking for is the value for money.
Well, lets see – here are the specifications of the i3s.
QuadBand GSM 850/900/1800/1900
TriBand 3G 850/1900/2100
OS – Kitkat 4.4
1.3GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6582 processor
16GB internal memory, expandable with MicroSD up to 32GB
5-inch Super HD display, 1280 x 720 pixels
13-megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
5-megapixel front facing camera
Dual SIM, dual standby
Priced at 6499 php.
Compared against other brands – lets see.
- Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz
- Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
- Size: 480 x 800 pixels, 4.5 inches
- Internal Memory: 768 MB RAM
- Camera (Primary): 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Camera (Secondary): VGA
- Card slot: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Sim: Micro-SIM
- Battery: 2000 mAh Li Ion battery
Price : around 6500 – 7,000 php
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1
- Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- 4.5” (~218 ppi pixel density) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 8 GB / 512 MB RAM microSD, up to 128 GB
- 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Li-Ion 1830 mAh battery (BL-5H)
- Talk Time Up to 16 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 13 h 10 min (3G)
price around 6,500 to 8,000 php
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
- 5″, 1280 x 720 (HD), 294PPI, IPS+ panel with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Intel Atom Z2560 Processor 2X2 Processor (running at 1.6GHz)
- 16GB eMMC Flash (Expandable to 64GB), 2GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 8MP Sony BSI Sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens, auto focus, LED flash; 2MP Front Camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0,
- Dual SIM
- 2110mAh Li-Polymer (non-removable)
Price 7,000 to 8,000 php
- 5″ IPS LCD Screen
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 1.5GHz Quad Core Processor
- 18MP Rear Camera with LED Flash
- 3MP Front Camera
- 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM
- Wi-Fi, 3G, HSPA+, Bluetooth
- 2300mAh battery
Price 6,500 to7,500 php
As you can see, price wise and based on the specifications – the Kata I3s holds its own against other competitors
For those new users of Kata.. here are some quick tips.
The i3s is a dual sim phone..
On top you will see one sim with 3g the other with G
You will only see one here in my picture since I am only using 1 sim.. the 3g sign means that sim slot is where the 3g function is activated. (hspa internet) You can switch between both sims as needed.
Sceen shot is still the same – power button and volume down
Also, you are looking for a phone with a great camera – this is the one for you.
Sample Video taken by Kata I3s in a waterproof casing.
Here are other pictures taken using the I3s.
Also here is a video taken without the waterproof casing in SMX aura.
The kata I3s can also take 99 burst shots in its back camera in about19 seconds -which is fast.
Battery life – lasts about 6 am to 5pm on wifi and about 5 hours on a data plan continuous use. Charges about 3 hours.
Once you buy your unit – make sure to do a wireless update – according to Kata -they have released an OTA with these updates.
After Update – Build Number is:
The changes for this update have:
1. Fix Camera can’t launch in some occasion
2. Shorten the remaining charging time when it reach around 85%-90%