Holy week comes every year to the Philippines and is one of the most anticipated holidays.
During this season, people flock to the nearest sea port, airport or bus terminals to rush and go home to their provinces or just go on vacation.
Me, I personally prefer not to leave the Metro during Holy week. Why? Here are the Top 7 Reasons why I choose to have a staycation during this season.
1. Horrendous traffic – traffic going out and going back to manila or whatever metro you live in is soooooo bad.
2. Getting tickets is hard – unless you have the foresight of booking early or buying tickets way before, getting tickets on the actual day you are traveling is near to impossible, why? coz everyone is trying to do the same.
3. Hotel prices start sky rocketing – March is usually the start of the peak season for hotels and resorts. That means April is worse. Unless you also bought or reserved your hotels way back before – prices are sure to reflect the season.
4. Staycation – staying at home during holy week isnt as bad as 10 or 15 years ago. Why? a lot of people also already tend to stay. That means resto, coffeeshops and other places are usually open during this time.
5. NO TRAFFIC – wherever you want to go in the Metro during holy week, you can go And get there very fast. Absolutely no traffic. It’s like, Pacquaio is fighting everyday for the next few days and everyone is glued to their TV’s
6. Faster DSL, 3g and LTE in the metro. – with everyone leaving the city for the next few days, guess what? No ones using the bandwidth of the internet from the nearest hub you can connect to, that means super duper fast internet.
7. Leave when everyone has come home. – Not everyone can do this unless you have planned it ahead of time, or own your own business or something. Go out of town the week or 2 weeks after the Holy week. Why? everyone else is in the city, that means resorts and hotels have lower occupancy rates and thus it means lowers rates for you. And best of all. No traffic.