A couple of days ago, my friend and I was discussing home remedies and other stuff you can do to keep yourself healthy… She asked me what I did, and I just said basically.. I take vitamins.. try to eat as well as possible and that’s eat.. She said, I should try to start to be more healthy.. in the sense that I needed more natural things in my body… then gave me some tea… apparently the tea was made from Turmeric..well.. the tea she made tasted okay… but I had to put some sugar in it.
So I decided to research about Turmeric and what it can do for you..
In India, turmeric has been used traditionally for thousands of years as a remedy for stomach and liver ailments, as well as topically to heal sores, basically for its supposed antimicrobial property. In the Siddha system (since around 1900 BCE) turmeric was a medicine for a range of diseases and conditions, including those of the skin, pulmonary, and gastrointestinal systems, aches, pains, wounds, sprains, and liver disorders. A fresh juice is commonly used in many skin conditions, including eczema, chicken pox, shingles,allergy, and scabies.
The active compound curcumin is believed to have a wide range of biological effects including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antitumour, antibacterial, and antiviral activities, which indicate potential in clinical medicine.
And here’s another info… 3 different people in 3 different instances mentioned to me about studies about the active ingredient curcumin in turmeric in india that relates to low incidence of Alzheimers Disease in India.. Heres a link to one study I found online..
Apparently, you can buy the turmeric -see below a picture pf what it actually looks like.. in tagalog it is called Banglaw or luyang dilaw.. so it seems its some type of ginger.. and as far as I can recall – you can make something like salabat with ginger…
I usually dont have time to drink salabat.. or even have time to go out and look for turmeric for me to prepare so I did some searching online and found one product that has turmeric that you can easily take and its called Turcumin.. it is being distributed by a local company called Healthrich Pharma in Las PInas and already available in Mercury Drug… Its a herbal food supplement and if I remember correctly costs around 15 pesos a capsule.. So, for now.. I guess Ill add this to my daily regimen of vitamins.. why? Here are some of the possible things regular intake of Turmeric can help you with..
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
- Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
- It may prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- It’s a natural liver detoxifier.
- Turmeric may prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
- It may prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
Go to the link on top to read more…