Wahpinas or Work At Home Pinas which advocates teaching and letting people learn how to Start working at home recently concluded its latest seminar held at the coworking spaces of Sagabay Outsourcing Services.
The seminar was slated from 1 to 5 pm last November 22, 2014, but went into overtime hyperdrive for 2 reasons…
1. the almost 50 participants had so many questions for the speakers that each speaker had to extend their session.
2. after the seminar proper – participants were encouraged to stay and join the socials to be able to talk to the speakers themselves and exchange ideas and experiences..
Topics during the day were the following…
1 . How to Start Working at home and become a freelancer – discussed by EIC of wahpinas.com himself.. Ron Villagonzalo, where Ron discussed where to find legit jobs.. average price per job in terms of salaries and how to set up your own home office… Working at home is a great way for Filipinos to get work – life balance. It eliminates the need to travel through the unbearable traffic – especially during Christmas time.. all you need is an internet connection- you can get one from Globe Tattoo Broadband for only 1,599 php per month which has speeds of upto 5mbps.. and includes unlimited calls to globe and touch mobile numbers nationwide including landlines.. a decent laptop with about an 13 core processor and 2 mb ram and of course the knowledge of where to find legit online jobs…
2. 2nd speaker was from one of our partners – BPI where Jeff Gonzales Brand Manager – BPI Express Deposit Machines explained to the participant the benefits of having a BPI account – from being able to transfer to anyone, deposit anytime, use BPI machines to receive payments from clients and everything else one would need from a bank from the perspective of someone that does online sales or works digitally.
3. The 3rd speaker was the dashing Giancarlo Viterbo from Pioneer Insurance -Gian was not there as a pioneer rep, butas the EIC of Gadget Pilipinas to discuss Social Media and the future of work. Gian presented stats and other items pertinent to the current situation and how companies are starting to acknowledge the need and usefulness of work at home or homebased workers.
4. The 4th speaker was the only rose among the thorns of the day.. Ambassador for Hootsuite. Professional Social Media Practitioner.. and overall expert Hana Abello.. Hana discussed how she works day to day professionally as a Social Media Manager for the company she works for, but also on how to leverage one of the best Social Media listening apps in the market which is Hootsuite.. From simple setting up your account, setting up lists, setting up feeds that you want to monitor and much more..
5. Last but not the least was Rafael Pekson II.. one of the main proponents of the work at home advocacy and partner of EIC Ron Villagonzalo in setting up the wahpinas seminars.. Raffy, discussed the importance of who you are online and offline.. everything from syncing your linked in profile… facebook and everything else.. The importance of your online personality matching your offline personality.
We of course would like to thank all our partners for the event, those that helped us to be able to hold the last seminar for the year of 2014 and plan for all the upcoming 2015 seminars around the Philippines…
Bank of the Philippine Islands
Natural FM 97.9
Sagabay Outsourcing Services
We would also like to thank our speakers for their participation and support!
Till next year or the next seminar – whichever comes first!